Michelle Adams Gumula, J.D.
Michelle Adams Gumula is a Florida native. She grew up in Boca Raton, Florida before moving to Tallahassee to attend Florida State University. Michelle graduated from Florida State University’s Honor College in 2010 with dual Bachelor of Arts degrees in History and Political Science. Michelle then attended Florida State University College of Law. In law school, Michelle was a member of FSU Mock Trial team, where she traveled across the state and participated in national trial advocacy competitions. While in law school, Michelle also clerked for two Circuit Court Judges, and acted as a research assistant to one of the Wills, Trusts and Estates professors at FSU.
In her spare time, Michelle is an avid reader. She has a popular book review blog called Book Briefs, where she reviews a variety of young adult and adult fiction. Michelle also enjoys hiking, backpacking, diamond painting, and spending time with her husband, Michael, and their giant schnauzer, Gus.
Michelle practices in the areas of family wealth and legacy counselling, including trust and estate planning, trust and estate administration, small business creation, business succession and exit planning, and real estate transactions. Michelle is a VA Accredited Attorney and is an Associate Attorney of Hoyt & Bryan, LLC.
- The Florida Bar; Member; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, General Practice Solo and Small Firm, and Young Lawyers Division.
- Seminole County Bar Association; Member
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers; Member
- WealthCounsel; Member
- Oviedo Businesswomen’s Network; Member
- Central Florida Estate Planning Counsel; Member
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy; Class III Member
Michelle speaks at the local and regional levels on Estate Planning, Elder Law, Business Planning, and Estate Administration.
- Edward Jones Regional Advisor Meeting Speaker – “Strategies to Preserve and Protect Your Clients Legacy” (July 2017)
- AARP Altamonte Springs Monthly Meeting Speaker – “Top 10 Reason to do Estate Planning” (May 2017)
- Central Florida Estate Planning Council Speaker– “5 Minute Tax and Estate Planning Update” (2015-2016)
- Florida State University, B.A. (History 2010), Magna cum laude, Honors program
- Florida State University, B.A. (Political Science 2010), Magna cum laude, Honors program
- University of Oxford, St. Edmund’s Hall College (European Union Law 2011)
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D. (Juris Doctorate 2013)